Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Shoe Selection

This past weekend, my mother and I took our opportunity, with Josh out of town and my father occupied hanging drapes in the basement (they will make it so much more cheerful, like real rooms!) to make tracks to Bay Brook Mall.

After battling our way through the pre-Christmas crowds and finally securing a spot by completing a very impressive back-up-the-row-and-then-put-the-truck-in-backwards-ahead-of-a-young-hip-teenager-in-a-mustang parking maneuver, we made our way into the mall. Our first stop was Macy's, land of excellent discounts and high quality cardholder benefits. Alas, we were assaulted by the noise and bustle on the Macy's shoe department and came up empty with just one pair of silver, sparkly, heels we thought, "might work".

We decided to take our business over to Dillard's, land of fabulous finds with slightly fewer crazy bargain hunters. initially, this too looked like it may be a wash with only one pair of slightly multicolored, silver sparkly heels on the front display, however, as we delved further into the department we were rewarded with several other options. The first pair I tried on didn't do anything impressive. Our sales associate, a large black, gay man wearing a striped sweater, tie, and obviously fake hipster glasses, name Tyrique, gave them only an, "eh." The next pair however was gold (figuratively, the shoes themselves are silver, obviously). As soon as I slipped my feet into the gorgeous metallic leather outer and felt my soles touch the soft cushioned foot pad, I had a good feeling. I stood up, and strode over to the mirror to survey my feet. "DAYUM girl! Even I was looking!" came the commentary from from Tyrique. Bingo.

I looked over to Mom, who gave our secret signal for success (an excitedly bouncy thumbs up, big, open-mouthed smile, and wink) and then coolly instructed me to go walk on the hard floor, since, "You'll have to be able to dance in them all night."

I made the loop and triumphantly amid the deserved stares of appreciation from passersby informed Tyrique that I would take them. "Good Call Honey, his jaw will DROP."

And isn't that really the goal when buying silver high heels, ladies? Just wait until December 28th, Josh, because apparently, these shoes will make you lose your marbles. Tyrique guaranteed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment